Examination Notification – UG/PG Candidates of University Departments / Affiliated Colleges / Constituent Colleges / Regional Centres / Autonomous Colleges under Anna University Those Who Have Exhausted the Maximum Duration of Study
OFFICE OF THE CONTROLLER OF EXAMINATIONS
ANNA UNIVERSITY::CHENNAI – 600 025
[ 44254/COE/C10/2017, dated .11.2017 ]
THE STUDENTS OF THE UG / PG (FULL-TIME/PART-TIME) UNDER VARIOUS REGULATIONS OF THE UNIVERSITY DEPARTMENTS / AUTONOMOUS INSTITUTIONS / AFFILIATED COLLEGES/ DISTANCE EDUCATION OFFERED BY ANNA UNIVERSITY WHO HAVE EXHAUSTED THEIR MAXIMUM DURATION OF TIME PRESCRIBED IN THE REGUALTIONS PERMITTING THEM TO APPEAR FOR ARREAR EXAMINATIONS ONLY FOR TWO SEMESTERS AS A SPECIAL CASE-NOTIFICATION ISSUED.
Based on the earlier notification issued in 26553/COE/C10/2017 dated 24.08.2017 by the University, a number of representations have been received from the parents and students, who have not yet completed their degree programme within the maximum duration as per their Regulations of Anna University, in spite of additional grace period extended, requesting the University for the further extension of time to complete their course. The Government has taken a humanitarian ground in order to help the students to write their arrear examination as a special case.
Anna University Instruction to the Candidates Who Exceed The Maximum Period Of Study To Register For The February 2018 Examinations
Accordingly the following categories of students who have exhausted the maximum duration as per this regulation will be permitted to write their arrear examination, only for two semesters as a special case (Tentatively starting from Feb 18, 2018 / Aug 18, 2018 onwards).
Students of University Departments of Anna University, Chennai admitted in the Academic Year 2000 onwards (both UG & PG under Full Time & Part Time Mode).
Students of Affiliated Colleges of Anna University and students admitted in the affiliated college at the time of admission i.e. during Academic Year 2001 (3rd Semester onwards) & 2002 (1st Semester onwards) and currently in Autonomous ones including Distance Education offered by Anna University.
The following instructions will be followed to conduct the above Examination:-
1) A special fee of Rs.5000 /- will be collected from the students along with normal examination fee as prescribed by the University for each paper.
2) Examination will be conducted in one centre in every district.
3) The Office of the Controller of Examinations will provide facilities for the student’s registration of subjects, choice of examination centre and mode of payment through online etc. for the smooth conduct of examination.
4) Examinations will be conducted only for registered subjects- that are received by the office of the Controller of Examinations – on or before the due dates.
5) Based on the registration of subjects the schedule of examination will be announced later.
6) This is a final chance and no further extension of time will be given to the students from this category on any account. Students are therefore requested to utilize this chance properly.
CONTROLLER OF EXAMINATIONS
Download Official Notification
Anna University Grace Marks for November December 2017 Exams Updated